Project Minima:

Monday, March 5, 2012

I've Looked at Life...

artwork by Camila de Rosario.
Rehabbed an old reversible vest I made long ago to fit me now-a-days.  Just added a side insert in a compatible color that worked both ways.  But of course, it wasn't long before I made it a bit more complicated.  Decided to put buttons going both ways too.  Since I didn't have enough of the vintage ones, I nail polished a

button to match.  Then I decided that the machine-made button holes previously made were really wonky and underdone.  So I hand stitched over them.  Now they are hand-made button holes, wonky and overdone.  C'est la vie, I always say.  It was the thought that counts, etc., etc.  I also hand sewed dips & drabs of lace onto side B of the vest.  (I must admit it was originally to help cover up those button holes.)   So here it is...from both sides now.

*Also check out Clothes Collages: ALL FLORAL ALL THE TIME

No comments:

Post a Comment