Project Minima:

Friday, July 27, 2012

Is This What They Call Slow Fashion?

I've been de-constructing two items:  a pair of capris and an A-line dress.  They both have flat-felled seams, you know, like jeans have.  So its been very slow going.  And I've nothing to show for it...yet.

painting by Viky Garden.


Plus, I still get exhausted so easily.  It's already been a month since the pneumonia hit and my energy level is way down there.  I'm complaining aren't I?  ah well.  I plod on.









8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you've been ill! The heat can't possibly help with your energy level, either. As for those pesky seams, I'll usually lose patience and cut them out. I do like the way they look, though, just like I appreciate french seams. Good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jean,

      Yeah, I'm just grousing...I can get into the groove with seam ripping once I get going. Kinda like a chop wood, carry water thing. In fact, I finished all the ripping of seams yesterday. Onward and upward.

      Delete
  2. Aww sorry to hear you've been sick. Hope you're feeling better soon. Pneumonia is nothing to sneeze at. My mom was hospitalized with it last winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, I know...actually I wasn't sneezing at it. I was coughing with it. (har-har) and I had my very first hospitalization because of it, but I'm way better now. Just tired.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Megan. Back to the doctor today for some tests to see what's keeping me staying like this...

      Delete
  4. You just need to cut yourself some slack and let yourself recuperate....says the person who is still coughing after oh...4 months or so. Not even pneumonia either. Just some random bug. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well yes, I'm not able to do much else but R&R after a few hours of activity anyway. Now days it seems I'm following the lifestyle of my cats.

      Delete