Project Minima:

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Prehistoric Me

A fabulous inspiration was chosen for Style Imitates Art this time:
~ a painting from Lascaux cave in France  ~
While I'm at it, I want to encourage everyone to see Werner Herzog's documentary on the most recent cave discovered in France housing the oldest cave drawings known (30,000 years old), called Cave of Forgotten Dreams.   (The Lascaux cave paintings are dated at a mere 17,300 years old.)  The film itself is incredible, not to mention its subject.  You can get it on netflix.  Miraculous.  Let me know what you think.

Okay, see what I did with this after the break... 


it's prehistoric me in a precarious situation


For those of you who would like to see what I'm wearing, here's a pic sans animals:

I just smudged out the cave paintings (!) and now it looks like I'm en-flamed.
Kimono top was made pre-Project Minima, dress with fringe worn as tunic was refashioned to fit, skirt is wrapped and tied in back, and my gold painted mary janes

See what everyone else was inspired to wear at Style Imitates Art after Monday.  
And be sure to join all the Visibles at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style
and others at Monday Mingle and the Pleated Poppy.

20 comments:

  1. Wow Pao! Those fringes are spectacular. This whole outfit is twisted in the best possible way!! I love your dramatic situation in the cave art: mediator or provocateur?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I felt a little holier than thou in that space and couldn't help but at least be symmetrical!

      Delete
  2. Prehistoric Pao, planted in the power position! I love these garments on you, the lengths / proportions, fringe and the shoes, altogether archetypal. You are the coolest time-traveller.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just hanging with Dr. Who. The previous Dr. Who, that is, when it was cool.

      Delete
  3. Yes, a time traveler in glorious style and color! I will look for this documentary, Pao - thanks for the suggestion and for sharing your artistic splendor with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please do and let me know your response to it.

      Delete
  4. You are a shimmering apparition! I bow to the cave spirit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to hear from you again, my friend. The magic of the cave has traveled across the miles to reach you.

      Delete
  5. A powerful goddess. Who knew?! Now I'm really in awe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys! It's the cave that does it, man. 17,000 years of looking back is pretty powerful indeed! Although, go ahead and throw around the g word whenever you want...

      Delete
  6. How do you do it? You are glorious with or without animals and you can never go wrong with fringe. Jean is right; a goddess you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knew putting myself in a cave would get such a + response. I owe it all to Vivienne of Thrifted Shift for coming up with the inspirational painting in the first place! Too bad that's my only fringed item...I think...

      Delete
  7. What an interesting photo! The outfit is wonderful! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Marci. I'll have to check out your place too! Stone Cottage sounds verrry interesting.

      Delete
  8. Pao, this is great! No cave woman ever looked so stylish as you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose time traveling may give one an advantage in that department, Sheila.

      Delete
  9. My dear your blend of art and fashion...always an inspiration! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your entry might be my favorite. I think you look magical! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooo, I have you to thank, Vivienne, for choosing the best inspirational painting ever! Thanks for hosting SIA this week!

      Delete