Project Minima:

Monday, January 27, 2014

Meanwhile I'm a Calendar Girl

~ January 2014 ~

Yep, Susan finished her calendar with 12 pages of her watercolor paintings featuring yours truly in full ensemble.

January is titled Chicago Connection and places the infamous Yellow Traveling Skirt amongst Chicago landmarks such as (left to right) the Tower formerly called Sears, the Hancock Center, the Bean (see reflection of me in yellow skirt!), the Picasso, the face water fountain (with my younger face), the CTA el train, and Lake Michigan (which I am apparently walking on!)



If you enlarge the photo you'll also see Susan pays attention to detail.  She has included each and every YTS wearer's signature image that decorated the skirt.  Cool.

Speaking of how the universe provides...I received the calendar the same day my Mom died.  And Susan gave one to all the class members.  So generous.   The Yellow Skirt image is on the cover with these words:

The Book of PAO, ART Inspiring ART
Make Time to Create Happy Memories, Volume 11
Susan Silvano, Artist

I am so honored, and thankful. 

So...I'm going Visible with Patti at Not Dead Yet Style and join all the others!


13 comments:

  1. Visible, and so gorgeous - and I have a lump in my throat about the calendar. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, Pao, you are a star.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thanks so much for being there for all of us, Patti!

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic portrait of you! I love the calendar idea - such a special gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The timing of the calender provides even more evidence that there's no such thing as coincidence. What a generous-hearted and talented woman to create these works and share them with her friends. She has painted you with such care and attention in every facet of your life. I am doubly moved that she has you wearing the yellow skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know. And with the Yellow Skirt weaving her way through it all, as a connecting source. Wonderful, and you, Ms. Melanie, it's motha. How cool is all that?!

      Delete
  4. What an amazing painting! Congrats on the calendar. I'm in awe of the great Yellow Skirt too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing Skirt, how sweet she is, that saved a wretch like me...

      Delete
  5. How cool is this? You are definitely calendar girl material. Grand idea. So happy to see you so wholly visible and interpreted so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a tribute, you are a total inspiration. So sorry to hear about your beloved Mum, sending you lots of love across the ocean. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awesome! You're an amazing art subject!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and I got my gloves in the mail! I LOVE THEM! Thanks SO much!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The YS really is magical, as evidenced yet again. I'm so happy about the calendar and the dedication is perfect. Xxoo

    ReplyDelete